The Math Success Program (ESJ1224) offers FREE drop-in math coaching and collaborative small group math coaching for UMD students enrolled in many math and math-related courses.
A math learning specialist provides academic counseling to UMD students taking all levels of mathematics courses, helps them learn about UMD campus mathematics learning resources, develop efficient study strategies, and review their math skills. *free
- Department of Mathematics: Math and MATLAB tutoring schedule (ONLINE TBD & 0301 Math): *free
- Department of Mathematics Undergraduate Resources: *free
- MathNet Test Bank: *free
(ONLINE) offers Statistical Consulting, they explain concepts - they do not tutor on homework. Currently specialize in SAS, SPSS, R, and provide support on Survey Design and Analysis. *free
- Academic Success and Tutorial Services (ONLINE & 2202 Marie Mount Hall) this Academic Achievement Program initiative is a resource for all students. *free
- The Counseling Center (ONLINE) offers academic and study strategy resources such as math learning, time management, studying, test preparation, and more. *free
- Guided Study Session program (GSS) (ONLINE) offers regularly scheduled study sessions for traditionally difficult courses. *free
- The Keystone Center (ONLINE & 1116 J.M. Patterson) housed within the Clark School of Engineering, offers tutoring in fundamental engineering courses, including MATH115, 140, 141, 241, 246 *free
- The Office of Multi-Ethnic Student Education - OMSE (ONLINE) offers a variety of services and programs to enhance the academic success of undergraduate students. *free
- Veterans STEM Assistance Program (1112 Cole Field House) works with student veterans in STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics) courses and readjustment to academic life. Includes both tutoring sessions and workshops. *free
Peer Institution Websites*
*Resources from UMD peer institutions offer valuable information. While most of the information can be used by any student regardless of where they are enrolled, note that some links may provide contact information/resources that are available only to that particular institution. Special thanks to our peer institutions.
- The Ohio State University (OSU)*: Online Math Workshops: Provides helpful tools for overall math success. Be aware that the math course numbers listed are specific to OSU and that some resource links are specific to OSU campus.
**Note that UMD does not endorse these external links. They are listed here as resources for your consideration.
- PeerTutors.com** is an online tutoring platform for students to connect with volunteers, private peer tutors, and mentors at the University of Maryland. PeerTutors.com was founded by a group of University of Maryland alumni who wished to create a more collaborative and interactive learning environment for college students. Register today to receive support or sign-up to become a tutor to build your resume. *Free and pay-for-service options